Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Charge Me – Lim


Manila mayor asks hostage probers to spare Isko
By CZARINA NICOLE O. ONG
September 21, 2010, 6:26pm
“In my 50 years of service, I performed my duties to the best of my ability. Nobody can say I have been remiss. But because of this hostage crisis, my name has been tarnished. The name of Vice Mayor Moreno has also been tarnished,” Mayor Lim lamented.

MANILA, Philippines — Manila Mayor Alfredo S. Lim on Tuesday dared authorities to charge him but requested that Vice Mayor Isko Moreno be spared.
Lim said this in reaction to the Incident Investigation Review Committee (IIRC) report disclosed Monday by President Benigno S. Aquino III.
Lim expressed his disappointment over the turn of events, with his accomplishments now overshadowed by the August 23 hostage fiasco.
“In my 50 years of service, I performed my duties to the best of my ability. Nobody can say I have been remiss. But because of this hostage crisis, my name has been tarnished. The name of Vice Mayor Moreno has also been tarnished,” he lamented.
“In my opinion, the investigation should just focus on the shortcomings of the incident, then recommend ways on how not to repeat the situation,” Lim suggested.
“My only request is that they remove the name of Vice Mayor Isko from the list. Let them file charges against me. He did nothing wrong, I was the one who authorized him to go to the Ombudsman,” Lim said.
“I can stand on my own because I know I had done nothing wrong,” he added. “I am not blaming anybody. That's just the way the ball bounces. If you are unlucky, then you are unlucky.”
Showing his loyalty to the mayor, Moreno said he and Lim are ready to face the consequences together should President Aquino find them guilty of any wrongdoing. “Should Mayor Lim be imprisoned, I would let myself be imprisoned as well. We are together in this,” he said. Read Full Story Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search